Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Beginning of Our Blog

Well... I have began a blog, and you are all probably sitting in your rolly chairs thinking that this is Tarilyn typing. Nope, guess again... it's tender Matt and he is going to pour out his most special feelings. Like I always say "Love is caring for the ones you love......." awwwwwwwww

I have started this blog because Charlie and Tarilyn are just doing the CUTEST things. Like today, Tarilyn was sleeping and when she woke up she cleared the "sleepies" from her eyes and said in the cutest voice, "what time is it?"..... AWWWWWW how special is that?

Im kidding, but Charlie really is getting cuter and cuter and we hope that this blog shows a glimpse of how cute she is and will also give you an update of what we Burnhams are up to. Today I took Charlie into nursery because i was starving and needed "snack time." I was playing basketball with the "senior" nursery and looked over at Charlie. Charlie LOVES other kids. Any kid two years or older can make Charlie laugh soooooo hard. When Charlie gets excited she feels she has to reciprocate her love by squeezing their face/hand/dress/nose/whatever. Anyways, in nursery i looked over at Charlie to see her smiling ear to ear pulling with all her might. She was sooooo excited to see her friend that she pinned her down and was ripping out her hair. The two year old was screaming "ouch ouch ouch" and Charlie thought that meant "keep going this is fun." Walking to the rescue I was a little confused- was I suppose to discipline a misunderstood infant to prove to the witnessing adults that that I was no pushover father. I did what most fathers have done and spanked Charlie. Dont worry though, I used the tender phrase "please know that this hurts me a lot more than it hurts you." To be honest, my hand didnt hurt that bad after so I dont know what my dad was talking about all those years.

I really am such a proud husband and father. I am embarrassed to say that I am kind of a nervous dad. I always wanted to be one of those "oh they will be fine" kind of parents, but it seems every time Charlie flinches my goalie reflexes kick in and i try to save her.

All in all, we are so blessed. I am in my 3rd year of business and Tarilyn does hair out of home and is busy full time with our little monster. Charlie is soooo cute and we love her to pieces. We cant help but squeeze her cute thighs and pinch her droopy cheeks. I really hope that when she is older she doesnt do this to kids to express their love to them... AWKWARD! Tarilyn is busy teaching kids in the primary, and I just got called to teach early morning seminary. We have such a good life!

Peace out


5 comments:

  1. yay!! i'm so glad you guys got a blog! can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBA Candidate 2012 you said it, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. matt i feel my life is now complete with you blogging. charlie is just full of SASS! haha lol rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. matt, im so excited that you joined the rest of the woman population, and started a blog. but dont worry the book background makes you look really smart, -and manly.
    i want to see little charlie again. she is so cute. i just imagine her in those sunglasses. please keep us updated daily, on tarilyn and charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i consider you and tarilyn getting a blog a blessing. promise.

    i'm giddy for more..

    ReplyDelete